Endorsed Carrier - RLI
RLI's PUP stands atop the existing homeowner and auto insurance to provide an extra layer of personal liability protection for the insured and their family. With RLI's PUP program, the insured can maintain their auto or home coverage with any company they choose, provided they agree to maintain the mandatory minimum underlying coverage limits. See application for underlying coverage limit.
The RLI PUP program provides the best protection for the insured and their family. The policy may be written either in the name of an individual, in the names of both spouses, or in the names of two unrelated individuals as long as they reside in the same household. The insured’s spouse and members of the insured’s household who are relatives or are in the insured’s care and custody are insured under the policy.
RLI Umbrella Policy Features
Limits up to $5 million available ($1M in NM)
Excess UM/UIM available in all states.
The insured can keep their current homeowner/auto insurer
New drivers accepted - no age limit on drivers
Up to one DWI/DUI per household allowed
Auto limits as low as 100/300/50 in certain cases
Competitive, low premiums for increased limits of liability
Simple, self-underwriting application that lets you know immediately if the insured is accepted
E-signature and credit card payment options
Immediate coverage available in all 50 states plus D.C.
The applicant qualifies through a series of questions on the self-qualifying/underwriting application. Refer to application for the underlying limits requirements. Please visit
for more details.
Writing Your First PUP
- If you would like a preliminary quote, complete the self-explanatory application at the Online Quoter.
Once you have printed the completed application and verified that the risk qualifies for a policy, follow the submission Helpful Hints or contact/send to April Pitz, Your RLI Administrator, at email@example.com.
Do not send applications and premiums to IIABA or RLI directly. Instead, click here to download a list wherein you can find the contact information of your state administrator.
Contact Your State Administrator
Contact April Pitz at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-221-7917 ext 5360.
New RLI PUP Video
Producer Tools and Resources
RLI Website Help
Our increasingly litigious society has created new and complex exposures for individuals. Anderson & Murison's Primary and Excess Umbrella Liability insurance is designed to help mitigate the significant liability risks individuals face every day.
- Limits up to $10 million available
- Ideal for risks that have drivers with multiple violations/accidents
- Will consider high profile personalities such as elected officials, athletes, media personalities & entertainers
- Will consider risks with prior liability losses exceeding $25,000
- Drivers over age 75 acceptable with two violations
- Drivers under age 22 can have minor violations
- Driver exclusion endorsement available for drivers with unacceptable driving records
- Written on A rated Scottsdale paper
Target Market & Eligiblity
Clients with substantial assets, or high current and future income need high limits of liability protection. Homeowners and Automobile Liability policies are often inadequate in providing necessary protection against catastrophic liability claims.
The Anderson & Murison Personal Excess Policy (A&M PEP) is a stand-alone personal umbrella policy that has been designed to meet the diverse needs of your insureds. Scottsdale is an admitted carrier and is "A" rated by A.M. Best. Anderson & Murison, Inc. represents Scottsdale as the national administrator of the Personal Excess Policy. A&M has underwriting and policy issuance authority and as such, is your connection to both the primary Personal Excess Policy and the excess Personal Umbrella Policy.
Coverage Highlights and Availability
Primary Personal Umbrella Policy
- $1, $2, $3 $4, $5 and $10 million in liability coverage
- Insureds with up to 4 moving violations are acceptable
- Insureds with one DUI or other major violation are acceptable
- UM/UIM coverage up to $1 million is available
- Motorcycles, ATVs, snowmobiles & personal watercraft okay
- Residential farms are usually acceptable
- Coverage for vacant land, apartment units & rental units
- Entertainment, sports & political personalities are acceptable with special rating
- Worldwide Coverage